RE: [squid-users] SQUID and DNS problem (fwd)

From: Mehdi Melhaa <Mehdi.Melhaa@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 11:22:50 +0200

Peter,

Thank you for your answer.

I check my nsswitch.conf & /etc/hosts file .
When I make a ping on an hostname (add in /etc/hosts) on the proxy
server , it works perfectly . But the main issue is Squid doesn't seem to
use
/etc/hosts to resolve address .

I compiled Squid with ./configure --disable-internal-dns .

Do I need to configure something in the squid.conf ?

My squid version is Squid/2.4.STABLE1 .

Thanks you,
Mehdi