Re: [squid-users] File system

From: Robert Collins <robert.collins@dont-contact.us>
Date: 16 Aug 2001 09:59:28 +1000

On 14 Aug 2001 09:48:45 +0530, mani wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As I know when we use the squid there will communication between two file system(Squid file sytem UFS or AUFS and Operating system file system ext ,reiserFS..etc).
>
> My question here is
>
> When the request comes, How this both file system interacts?

In the same way as any application server's storage area interacts with
the OS. Squid adds items to the store, and then depending on the squid
store module you are using (aufs/ufs/diskd) they get written
synchronously/async/async to the real file system.

> If anyone of could explain the steps involved in the above scenario with bulleted points it would be a great .

Are you looking to develop on squid? If so, the programmers guide is a good place to start, and you should subscribe to the squid-dev mailing list.

Rob