[squid-users] force cache of cgi params...

From: <jason@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 11:54:26 -0400 (EDT)

Greetings all,
        I have a slightly different task in mind for squid. I would like
to cache cgi (specifically fcgi) queries to offload a task on the back end
search component of my website. I have lifted the restrictions for cgi
and ? caching (stoplists), yet when I view the access and store logs,
everything after the ? in my search URL appears to be stripped. So for
example:

someserver.com/fcgi-bin/search/fcg?qry=beer

appears as

someserver.com/fcgi-bin/search/fcg?

in the access/store logs (and I get tcp misses in access.log and SWAPOUT
in the store.log.

Any ideas how I can force squid to cache the entire dynamic URL?

thanks in advance!

jas