Re: [squid-users] Squid to cache a DB?

From: Brian <hiryuu@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 17:26:24 -0400

On Friday 17 August 2001 09:43 pm, Robert Collins wrote:
> mod_gzip is neat. I've alpha-quality transfer-encoding running with
> squid, as content encoding alteration is not recommended for proxies. In
> acceleration mode however, it's much more allowable - someday I'll get
> onto that :].

Out of curiousity, how stable is the current TE code?
As in how dumb would I have to be to run it on a public httpd accel?

mod_gzip is nice, but the dynamic content compression is still a little
flaky when mixed with php (for us, anyway), and it hangs apache children
now and then. Plus it hasn't been updated since March.

        -- Brian