Re: [squid-users] Squid using a lot of my bandwidth

From: Denys Sene dos Santos <sene@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 20:07:43 -0300

        oh sorry ... my mistake ... but in my conf is the right
directive "maximum_object_size" ... but if my max obj size is
only 1Mb, why is my squid box doing a big download ... I think
that is the update of the cached objects... but this is very bad
if at sometime squid uses all my internet downlink with this
update. Any other guess ?????

Brian wrote:

> There is no largest_object_size. Perhaps you mean maximum_object_size?
>
> That only changes what squid will *save*. To limit what it will retrieve,
> use reply_body_max_size.
>
> If your users often download large objects, consider setting
> maximum_object_size to something larger, such as 16MB.
>
> Also use the cache manager to find out what is being requested that ties
> up all of the bandwidth.
>
> -- Brian
>
> On Monday 20 August 2001 06:40 pm, Denys Sene dos Santos wrote:
> > any guess about it ????
> >
> > Denys Sene dos Santos wrote:
> > > Hi there,
> > >
> > > I have a Squid box in a gateway between two
> > > networks to provide transparent cache for my dial users.
> > > Sometimes, it pass hours (1, 2 or 3 hours) using all
> > > my bandwidth to the internet, as it was downloading
> > > some big object, but my largest_object_size is only 1Mb.
> > > May be an updating of various objects??? Can I set it
> > > to do a soft update to prevent it ???
> > >
> > > thanks, and sorry for my poor english.
> > > bye.

> > > Denys Sene dos Santos - sene@onlinet.com.br / sene@ovip.net

Denys Sene dos Santos - sene@onlinet.com.br / sene@ovip.net
Diretor Técnico - System and Network Administrator
Onlinet - Afiliado do Universo Online - O Melhor da Internet
http://www.onlinet.com.br/