[squid-users] Installing Squid

From: Matt Anderson <manderson@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 12:53:19 -0400

Ok, I'm rather new to Linux. I have a production server running Squid and I want to emulate this on my Linux test server but I'm having problems installing it. I untarred it and compiled it and make the make install and what not but I think I untarred it in the wrong directory? I have not been very lucky in finding detailed instructions (for a beginner) that I can follow. If anyone knows of a good installation guide please let me know :)

Or if someone wants to telnet into my box and do it I wouldn't stop ya hehehe :)

Thanks for all the help!

Matt Anderson
MCSE, CNE, CCNA, Network+
Network Engineer