[squid-users] Problems with http-post requests...

From: Robert Nickel <Robert.Nickel@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 10:16:25 -0700

Using squid as a child cache to another squid proxy (not using ICP on either) my users can submit GET requests just fine but all POST request fail.

The log entry for a failed POST is as follows:

998549157.787 242312 10.10.100.56 TCP_MISS/504 1072 POST http://sourceforge.net/search/ - NONE/- -

The browser eventually gets the connection to host timed out message (110) from the cache.

If I point the browser to the parent - who has a direct connection to the internet - the POST works fine.

Anyone know what this is?

I've looked at the FAQ and the message archive and haven't found this situation.

Thanks,
  --Robert