[squid-users] Upgrading Squid to newer versions

From: Grant, Steve <Steve.Grant@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 08:40:27 +0100

Hi all,

I've being using Squid 2.3 for a while on a number of servers, and I was
about to upgrade to 2.4s1 fairly soon. I may looking at this too simply, but
is it just a case of do the following:

1. Compling the new version
2. Shutdown squid
3. Copy old version somewhere then overwriting the old with the new complied
version
4. Restart Squid

I don't mind a bit of downtime - the users will cope without internet access
for a while!

Also, is it actually worth upgrading now? Is there a new release imment?

Thanks for your help,

Steve Grant
Senior Technical Services Analyst

http://www.messagelabs.com/stats.asp