[squid-users] Testers needed

From: Robert Collins <robert.collins@dont-contact.us>
Date: 23 Aug 2001 17:42:55 +1000

I'm looking for a few brave souls to test a distribution of squid.

The developers are looking at using automake in the development of
squid. This has a number of benefits, but the main ones for end users -
you lot - are better dependency tracking and (eventually) greater
support for parallel builds and Libtool support. Portable loadable
modules is most easily achieved via libtoo, and libtool is most easily
used via automake.

The development side works without a hitch, what we need to know now is
whether the build environment created by automake works correctly on all
the platforms squid works on - which is a large number.

So..
If you are a squid user and would like to help us out a little, head
over to http://squid.sourceforge.net/amake/ and download one of the
distribution tarballs and see if it builds and runs correctly for you.

The code in the distribution is a recent squid 2.5 snapshot, so if you
do encounter an error in building or running this, please compare the
error with a normal non-automakte created squid 2.5 snapshot to ensure
that it is an automake related problem.

I am _very_ interested in problem reports :]. Success reports for
various platforms are somewhat less interesting, as the expectation is
that this should work correctly for everyone.

Rob