[squid-users] Question on 2.4S2 change re optimization

From: Steve Snyder <swsnyder@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 00:11:52 -0500

Reading the ChangeLog for version 2.4STABLE2, I see this note:

        - Expanded configure's GCC opimization disabling check to
          include GCC 2.95.3

Can any of the Squid developers explain which optimizations cause problems
and whether the problems are only in gcc v2.95.x? My reason for asking is
that I'm running Squid on a RedHat v7.1 box, using their, ahem, unique
version of the gcc compiler. Given this compiler, are there any compiler
optimization(s) in particular that I should avoid using?

Thanks.