[squid-users] Squid before net appliance

From: Pons, Eric <PonsE@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 14:57:44 -0500

I am trying to implement squid in front of a netscreen device. On the DMZ of
this device we implement "websence." This blocks certain IPs from accessing
certain web pages.
I have 2 NICs in my Squid box. My problem is that all traffic that hits
Squid then leaves Squid with a different IP address that it came in with (it
leaves with the IP address of the second NIC in my box.)
My question is, is there a way to tell Linux or Squid to not NAT the
incoming addresses. To just let Squid send out the request using the same IP
as it came in?