[squid-users] QuickTime & Squid

From: Avi Schwartz <avi@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 01 Sep 2001 14:07:16 -0500

Hi,

I have a question regarding QuickTime and Squid. When a web page has an
embeded QuickTime video, all works fine. However, when I run the stand
alone player, even though the transport is set to HTTP port 80 (I am
redirecting port 80 requetss to Squid's port), all attempts to play a
streaming movie comes back with a 404 error. When I shutdown Squid (and
modify the redirection rule on the FW, of course), the standalone QuickTime
player works fine. Is there a way to set Squid up so that QT works.
Remember, I am not trying to cache QT streams, all I am attempting to do is
get the player working.

Thanks,
Avi

--