[squid-users] NTLM Authentication

From: Ext_Enh <Pedro.Calvario.Ext_Enh@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 16:47:27 +0100

I've compiled the latest squid.2.5(DEV) - 3 August, and i've a little
problem with the automatic authentication...

We have 2 major domains in our network, more than 1000 users in each major
domain, we have others domains,
but the users in these smaller domains authenticate themselves manually
(with basic authentication - msnt_auth).
The problem is with the two major domains, let's call them ABCDOMAIN and
XPTODOMAIN...

I'v tried the following combinations in param_ntlm:

auth_param ntlm program /usr/local/squid/libexec/squid/ntlm_auth -f
ABCDOMAIN/PDC XPTODOMAIN/PDC
This option seems to work for all the users of this two domains, but in some
pages appears the USER/PASSWORD/DOMAIN window and the page automatically
continues loading... In access.log i've got a lot of DENIEDs...

With the option -b in ntlm_auth the result is the same! Lots of DENIEDs, but
i think its normal, the problem is the USER/PASSWORD/DOMAIN window that
sometimes appear (not always)....

If i just have one DOMAIN...
auth_param ntlm program /usr/local/squid/libexec/squid/ntlm_auth -b (or -f)
ABCDOMAIN/PDC ABCDOMAIN/BDC1 ABCDOMAIN/BDC2
everything works just fine, less DENIEDs and no USER/PASSWORD/DOMAIN
windows...

I would like to have automatic autenthication for this two domains in the
same proxy-server.
How should i configure ntlm_auth in squid.conf ???

Thanks for all the help.

Best Regards
Com os melhores cumprimentos,
Pedro Calvário