Re: [squid-users] ufs/aufs/diskd question

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2001 10:54:19 -0500

On Linux aufs is about 20% faster. But why fix it if it aint broke? If
DiskD is performing well for you, then leave it be.

Both are pretty equally reliable, I think, though I haven't used DiskD
enough to be sure. aufs is very reliable on Squid 2.4STABLE2 (but maybe
not STABLE1). Someone posted a FD leak patch recently (post STABLE2),
but I haven't heard from Henrik or Adrian or Robert on whether it's a
serious problem or not. I haven't hit an FD problem, but we only have a
couple of 2.4 boxes in production, and those for a very short time.

                                   --
                      Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>
                  Affordable Web Caching Proxy Appliances