Re: [squid-users] Patch to squid-2.4

From: Duane Wessels <wessels@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 18:34:22 -0600 (MDT)

On Tue, 4 Sep 2001, Marcos Castro wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Some time ago, I sent a patch to make it possible for squid to display on
> the error page any message being returned by an external authenticator in
> case of authentication failure and it was, at the time, patched, with some
> changes, to squid-2.3, as explained below by Duane Wessels. In spite of
> being said that the patch had been commited to squid HEAD branch, I did not
> see it in squid-2.4...
> Has it really been added to squid-2.4.* ?
> If not, are there plans to have it added to squid-2.4*? When? Will it be
> available in every new release from now on?

Its in the HEAD branch, which is now version 2.5.

To use it you'll either need to use version 2.5 or manually patch
your 2.4 version.

if you go to http://www.squid-cache.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/squid/src/acl.c
and (client_side.c, errors.c, etc) and search for your name you
can get the diffs and try to apply them to squid-2.4 code.