RE: [squid-users] Cache-control: max-age not work...

From: YAMAGUCHI Junji <yamaguchi.junji@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 13:58:02 +0900

--------------------

> Squid does not look at HTML content for headers.
>
> It is up to your server (Apache) to insert the reply header.
>
> I suggest using Apache's "mod_expires" or "mod_headers" features.
----------------------
Dear Duane,

Thank you very much for help.

I checked apache.conf and both "mod_expires" and "mod_headers" are enable.

LoadModule headers_module modules/mod_headers.so
LoadModule expires_module modules/mod_expires.so
AddModule mod_headers.c
AddModule mod_expires.c

However, the HTML header of "expires" is effective, but "max-age" is not
effective.
My question is why?
According to squid FAQ, squid will check both "expires" and "max-age".

Thanks,
Junji