[squid-users] Logging in to secure sites (AOL, Hotmail, etc.)

From: Courtney Grimland <cgrimland@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 22:07:59 -0700 (PDT)

I've seen related issues in the list archives, but
none with a suitable solution.

With squid set up as my transparent proxy, internal
clients cannot access secure sites such as the AOL
sign-in page, Yahoo's secure sign-in page, various
on-line banking pages, etc. Making any changes on the
client side is not an option, since this is an
anonymous public "kiosk" type environment. Can anyone
offer a solution, even if it involves something other
than Squid?