RE: [squid-users] Capturing HTTP requests using SQUID

From: Whitley GS11 Cecil H <WhitleyCH@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 11:05:34 -0400

Hi,
assuming you have a free fast-e port on that 2600 you could use a route-map
for port 80. You may also consider using the ip slb feature if you have
more than one cache. That is an easy way to load balance without using
wccp.
I do not have a config sample handy, but if you like I can dig through and
come back up with one. We are not using it because we got a new 6509 with
the new sup-ii which did not support ios code at the time we got it. They
are still running catos which does not support ip slb. Once the hardware
migration here is complete we will be going back to ios and ip slb on the
new 6509.

Anyway, from the top of my head the config looks something like

ip slb serverfarm ourproxies
 real a.b.c.d
 real e.f.g.h

ip slb virtual w.x.y.z
 config lines setting out which serverfarm to use for which ports, etc....
poor memory, sorry.

You have to set a loopback address to the virtual address on each of the
proxies. For example

ifconfig lo0.1 w.x.y.z

The router will use round-robin, weighted round-robin or dynamic feedback
protocol if there is a client available for your platform. Here it worked
nice for both dns and proxies while it was an available option. As I
indicated, it will be reimplemented as soon as it is again an available
option. Currently scheduled for around oct 1.

Cecil