Re: [squid-users] client traffic control

From: Alberto Brealey G. <beto@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 10:14:44 -0600

On Fri, Sep 07, 2001 at 11:01:25AM +0800, Michael Zhao wrote:
> Hi ,
>
> Who can tell me a good management tool which contain such functions
> like:
>
> I setup SARG as my squid log analyzer and mrtg to my router traffic
> chart . I can know how busy of my internet connection circuit and
> incoming and outgoing traffic of every client from these software. I
> want control every client internet usage , i.e. somebody is downloading
> very big mp3 , I want to cut it , how can I do?

you can set up mrtg to monitor the client's connection. (this can be done
with ip accounting and a little perl script). you can get some ideas
here[1].
with this you can monitor the bandwidth usage on a per-client basis in
realtime, and when you want to cut someone out, then you can add an acl
restriction in squid.

[1] http://moria.org/~bvi/utils/mrtg/

--
Alberto Brealey