Re: [squid-users] Two squid installations

From: Senthil Kumar <senthil@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 11:33:19 +0530

Sorry for confusing you. Let me explain my requirement properly. Now in the
day time i want my squid to block all the sites which ever has got the word
" mail " in it like www.hotmail.com , mail.yahoo.com and so on. You can
think that i can do this by using ACLs in squid but the there are 100s of
sites like this and a bit lazy ;-) guy like me will never try to block one
by one. Now in the evening say by 6.00 IST i would like my squid to accept
all kinds of site including mail sites but the same time i dont my people to
send and receive any attachments by using any web based email services. Here
the Fredrick Rambris s Slezeeball comes into picture.This squid redirector
can check all the URLs and deny ( actually i shouldnt be calling it denying)
the URLs matching the pattern given in a file which contains lines like
/ mail /
/mails /
/attach/
/atta/
and so on ...................

So the moral of the story is ....

Two squid installations
Two sleezeball installations
One squid with blocked list written in the sleezeball activates in day
 morning)
One squid without blockes list but with lines required to block attachments
written in the sleezeball activates at evening .

Now if you are clear in understanding my requirements i will go on asking my
doubt .......

senthil