Re: [squid-users] Two squid installations

From: Joel Jaeggli <joelja@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 23:50:01 -0700 (PDT)

in squid.you can do acls based on day or time of day...

I kinda doubt you can do that in sleezeball.

what you actually need is two config-files, not two installs... you can
probably do everything you need in squid using time based acl, then have a
cron job that copies in a new sleezeball config and restarts the daemon on
some schedule... We do something similar with a proftp daemon that runs
with different rules from 0000 to 0600 than it does during the day...

joelja

  On Thu,
13 Sep 2001, Senthil Kumar wrote:

> Sorry for confusing you. Let me explain my requirement properly. Now in the
> day time i want my squid to block all the sites which ever has got the word
> " mail " in it like www.hotmail.com , mail.yahoo.com and so on. You can
> think that i can do this by using ACLs in squid but the there are 100s of
> sites like this and a bit lazy ;-) guy like me will never try to block one
> by one. Now in the evening say by 6.00 IST i would like my squid to accept
> all kinds of site including mail sites but the same time i dont my people to
> send and receive any attachments by using any web based email services. Here
> the Fredrick Rambris s Slezeeball comes into picture.This squid redirector
> can check all the URLs and deny ( actually i shouldnt be calling it denying)
> the URLs matching the pattern given in a file which contains lines like
> / mail /
> /mails /
> /attach/
> /atta/
> and so on ...................
>
> So the moral of the story is ....
>
> Two squid installations
> Two sleezeball installations
> One squid with blocked list written in the sleezeball activates in day
> morning)
> One squid without blockes list but with lines required to block attachments
> written in the sleezeball activates at evening .
>
> Now if you are clear in understanding my requirements i will go on asking my
> doubt .......
>
> senthil

Joel Jaeggli				       joelja@darkwing.uoregon.edu
Academic User Services			     consult@gladstone.uoregon.edu
     PGP Key Fingerprint: 1DE9 8FCA 51FB 4195 B42A 9C32 A30D 121E
It is clear that the arm of criticism cannot replace the criticism of
arms.  Karl Marx -- Introduction to the critique of Hegel's Philosophy of
the right, 1843.