Re: [squid-users] Selective peering

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 02:11:28 +0200

francisv@dagupan.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We currently have peers pointing to our 2 squid proxies as siblings. We have
> Akamai servers which we want them to access via our servers directly, should
> the modification be done on our side or theirs?

???

Do you want them to access the Akamai servers, or your Squid?

> If our servers don't cache Akamai objects, the ICP request would fail (no
> object) and since the relationship is "sibling", our server will not fetch
> the object for them. What should be done?

Seems you want them to fetch the objects from your Squid. For this, they
need to use your Squid as parent for the domains in question. See the
cache_peer_type directive. This needs to be done in their Squids and you
need to allow them miss_access.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid Hacker