[squid-users] weird behaviour

From: khiz code <khizcode@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 07:16:06 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all
me once again
i have deployed squid on 4 differnt but absolutely identical servers
with kernel 2.2.19 compiled in exactly the same way

when i do a modprobe on 3 of the machines ir shows me
Module Size Used by
ip_wccp 696 0 (unused)

howver the same on the other fourth machine i get
ip_wccp 736 0 (unused)

there is a difference in the size !!!
this 4 th machine is not showing up as a cach engine in the router
doing a tcpdump on this shows me that this machien is responding with
"protocol unreachable error " to the router ???
i dunno if this is due to the difference is size.. howver the size of
the ip_wccp.o file is the same

2> one of the caches is a bit slow to respond .. the browser seems to
sort of hang
howver pressing the STOP button shows me a half completed page ....
something amiss here ??
i get thsese weird cachemgr statistics
[...]

Median Service Times (seconds) 5 min 60 min:
        HTTP Requests (All): 9.16462 0.64968
        Cache Misses: 93.38594 3.11263
        Cache Hits: 0.03622 0.01745
        Near Hits: 221.51346 0.85130
        Not-Modified Replies: 0.01469 0.01035
        DNS Lookups: 0.05313 0.05559
        ICP Queries: 0.00000 0.00000
dunno whaythe cache misses are so high and the near hits as well
this happens erratically on and off
seems to be anetwork problem ?????

something amiss here ??
pls do get back