[squid-users] Help - I want to purge specific site from cache

Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 14:47:55 +0530

Dear Friends,

I am using cache squid 2.4 on Redhat Linux 7.1. I was facing problem on client machine connected to this cache was that when trying to open http://chat.yahoo.com it shows a BLANK WHITE page with the text ' DO YOU YAHOO ? ' . Now what I tried to purge all the content of yahoo.com from my cache. I got the help for this from the squid help site ( http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-7.html#ss7.5 ).

But using this method could not purge the content , instead it gave me a message which I am writing below, so that I can get help from the experts if SQUID from this list.

the reponse from quid server is as follows ( after adding the acl for purge as per above link )

$ client -m PURGE http::/chat.yahoo.com/
HTTP/1.0 404 Not found
Server: Squid/2.3Stable4
Mime_version: 1.0