Re: [squid-users] best 2.4 series kernel for squid

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 18:39:41 -0500

I have no recommendation for kernel 2.4. It has not proven itself
stable in my tests or in the real world (I've deployed a unit with
kernel 2.4 and it has proven very problematic), and I have had numerous
hardware compatibility problems.

You're on your own with kernel 2.4.

As I mentioned, you need to first close access to your cache to just
your clients. If your client's IPs may change, find out what all of the
possibilities are an allow just those. An open cache is /asking/ for
trouble, and probably part of the reason your cache is being overloaded.

                                   --
                      Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>
                  Affordable Web Caching Proxy Appliances