Re: [squid-users] Squid + non standard ports behind firewall

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 21:12:34 +0200

Well.. start by reading squid.conf.default.

It is a normal ACL driven directive. For requests that is allowed Squid
will never attempt going directly, enforcing the use of peers.

The opposite is always_direct. Forces Squid to go direct to the site no
matter what.

In between (neither never_direct or always_direct is allowed), Squid
makes up it's own mind on if it is best to use a peer or go direct.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid Hacker