[squid-users] ext2 vs. reiserfs performance

From: <Torsten.Lange@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 23:49:49 +0200

i've just found this at devshed.com.
can anyone comment on this?
(i always preferred ext2 over reiserfs so far. )

quote from devshed.com:
--------------------------------
ReiserFS

Simply switching your cache directories to ReiserFS
will increase squid performance by about 20%.
ReiserFS is a journalling filesystem that patches easily
into the recent 2.2 series kernels. ReiserFS is significantly
faster than ext2 when dealing with thousands of small files.
Since small files are pretty much all a web cache deals
with, we're going to use ReiserFS on our cache partitions.
You can find ReiserFS at http://devlinux.com/projects/reiserfs/.
An added benefit of a journalled FS is that in the event of an
abnormal shutdown your system will recover faster and
without as many lost files as ext2.

find the complete article at:
http://www.devshed.com/Server_Side/Administration/SQUID/page3.html

thanks for your input.