[squid-users] Local servers access very slow

From: <vwake_s@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 14:26:33 +0600 (IST)

Hi,
I have a squid proxy 2.4. This is used to authenticate the users for internet access. This setup is working fine. The problem is there are some test web servers kept in the local lan segments. These have private ipaddresses (like 10.1.1.0/24 etc) as is the case of the client machines.

From the clients once the proxy is configured in the browser, these servers becomes very slow (very slow .. some 3 minutes for the first page). If proxy configuration is removed the access is fine. But access to all internet sites are fast.

Only difference i could thisnk of was that the local servers will not have a DNS entry. Will squid try reverse DNS for the requests ?? Is this causing the problem or is there anything I am not looking at ? If so how can I stop the proxy from doing reverse DNS ?

Thanks in advance

Vivek

This mail sent through : http://mail.sify.com
Want to win a PC or Palm Tops or Digital Diaries or T-Shirts?
Click here http://promos.sify.com/niit/main.asp?mail