[squid-users] webmail seems to stiop squid

From: brain_damaged <brain_damaged@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 10:54:14 -0400

Hello,
I am a newbie to both unix and squid. Please be gently.

I am running squid-2.4-stable2 that I d/l from
the site and Freebsd 4.3.
I have squid up and running and it seems to be working. On startup no errors appear. And surfing is directed thru the squid. Typing in bogus sites
brings up the squid error messages.

I compiled/configured with the following enabled. (only cuz the docs had them listed)
async io
dl malloc
prefix=/usr2/local/squid
smnp
time-hack
kill-parent-hack

The machine is running two ide drives and has
256megs of memory. drive2 is setup as /usr2 with a 128meg swap.

The issue at hand concerns our web based mail.
You can log in fine. But when you go click on a message to read it does not get it. The browser
window sits there. Bringing up another window to surf is dead also. THe only way to continue is to
turn off use proxy in the web browser and kill the squid process and restart it.
The web mailer is Ipswitch's Imail.

I want to make this usable for our dialin users eventually but this is a big problem.

Thanks
Mark