[squid-users] Typos in docs

From: Jan Rasmussen <jan@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 22:16:44 +0200

Hi!

I am not sure where to post these inconsistencies between part of the FAQ so I am doing it here.

In Section 10.21 Debugging ACLs

it says:

If ACLs are giving you problems and you don't know why they aren't working, you can use this tip to debug them.

In squid.conf enable debugging for section 32 at level 2. For example:

debug_options ALL,1 32,2

whereas in Section 11.20 Debugging Squid

it says:

For example, to enable full debugging of Access Control functions, you would use

        debug_options ALL,1 28,9

Also in Section 10.13 Squid doesn't match my subdomains

it states

There is a subtle problem with domain-name based access controls when a single ACL element has an entry that is a subdomain of another entry. For example, consider this list:

        acl FOO dstdomain boulder.co.us vail.co.us co.us

In the first place, the above list is simply wrong because the first two (boulder.co.us and vail.co.us) are unnecessary. Any domain name that matches one of the first two will also match the last one (co.us).

This is *NOT* the case. boulder.co.us will *only* match boulder.co.us, vail.co.us wil *only* match vail.co.us and co.us will *only* match co.us. Whereas .co.us will match them all. There are more references to dstdomain rules without preceding dots that more or less implicitly states that 2ndlvld.tld also covers 3rdlvld.2ndlvld.tld. Section 10.4 is among those.

Has this changed from 2.2 to 2.4? (I had dstdomains without preceding dots running fine on a 2.2S5)

Best Regards

(Mr.) Jan Rasmussen