Re: [squid-users] Typos in docs

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2001 18:59:06 +0200

Jan Rasmussen wrote:

> In Section 10.21 Debugging ACLs

> debug_options ALL,1 32,2

Oops.. this should read 33,2. 32 is another code section entirely. See
doc/debug-sections.txt for a list of the different sections.

Answer corrected and moved to the duplicate entry "10.9 I set up my
access controls, but they don't work! why?".

> whereas in Section 11.20 Debugging Squid
>
> it says:
>
> For example, to enable full debugging of Access Control functions, you would use
>
> debug_options ALL,1 28,9

Correct. The first increases the debug level of client side routines to
include a printout of the outcome of per request access checks. The
second is an example on how to enable full debugging of the ACL
processing code.

Both are now mentioned in section 10.9, starting with 33,2 and then
adding 28,9 if 33,2 isn't sufficient.

> Also in Section 10.13 Squid doesn't match my subdomains

> Has this changed from 2.2 to 2.4? (I had dstdomains without preceding dots running fine on a 2.2S5)

Yes. This was changed between Squid-2.2 and Squid-2.4. Please note that
there is numerous bugs in Squid-2.2 where domain matches will behave
badly if you have overlapping matches (possibly even including only
textually overlapping domains, i.e. a.com and aa.com, not only domain
overlaps as in example.com and www.example.com)

Regards
Henrik Nordström
Squid Hacker