Re: [squid-users] Squid as an HTTP accelerator (fwd)

From: Winfried Truemper <me@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2001 04:20:30 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 20 Sep 2001, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

> Too sad most will be obsolete in some time (probably
> during Squid-2.6).

It will surely be a good thing if the http acceleration will be easier. I
will happily delete my text then. :)

> accelerator to visit http://squid.sourceforge.net/rproxy/.

Thanks for the pointer. Do you have any idea about the robustness of the
rework? Is it ready for production use?

I tried to patch squid-head-200109202301 with the rproxy patch from CVS,
but it gives me errors when linking the squid binary. Is there any
official testing version which compiles out-of-the-box?

> A normal suexec setup does not require all users to share the
> same account.

You are right if every user has its own User and Group entry in
httpd.conf. However, if you have a team of developers working on the same
set of CGI scripts (under a shared directory), then suexec will refuse to
execute files created with their individual accounts. Thus they all have
to work over the same account.

Regards
-Winfried