Re: [squid-users] reiserfs, 2,4 kernel, and squid

From: Jesus M. Salvo Jr. <jmsalvo@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2001 18:28:59 +1000

Hi Joe,

I read about your article about "High Performance Web Caching With Squid".
Thanks very much for that, highly appreciated.

With regards to 2.2.[18|19] being faster than any current 2.4.x kernels as
far as reiserfs + squid + single CPU machines is concerned ... do you have
any figures / benchmarks / sites for this claim, for us to appreciate?

Thanks also for saying that 2.4 is not as stable as we want it to be ... at
least I am not alone in thinking about it. 2.4.10 seems to have lots of
merges from ac and aa, plus the VM is being reworked on.

Thanks,

John