Re: [squid-users] NTLM tuning question

From: Robert Collins <robert.collins@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2001 16:42:31 +1000

----- Original Message -----
From: "Van Bossche Koen" <Koen.VanBossche@KONE.com>
To: <squid-users@squid-cache.org>
Sent: Friday, September 21, 2001 7:43 PM
Subject: [squid-users] NTLM tuning question

> How come the NTLM authentication works with or without filling in the
> domain.

I'm not surewhat you mean. Do you mean the domain in the pop up prompt,
or a domain in the squid.conf file?

> The 2 parameters in the conf does not seem to make a difference. I use
NTLM
> without popping up the authentication box.
> I have tested it for 2 weeks with 15 users and it occassionaly keeps
popping
> up. Sometimes when going back to the intranet and internet.

The popups are caused by communications failures with the DC's. If you
don't care about security you can turn on the ntlm fail open configure
option, and configure the ntlm_auth helper to accept all usercodes when
the DC cannot be communicated with.

> Sometimes I suddenly get a box when the page is already displayed.
This is
> confusing for the users.
> Does anyone can give me some advice on how to tune the NTLM
authentication?

I'm not sure what you are asking for. Do you have specific questions?

Rob