[squid-users] Caching Content-Length:0 requests

From: Withnail <withnail@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 10:33:42 +0800

Hi,

I seem to be having a few problems with squid in its current
incarnation. One of the main web users in our platform is a bespoke
application. All of the requests it makes has 'Content-Length: 0' set
in the HTTP headers, and this caused squid to request the content
directly every time. I don't have the option to change the program
generating the request.

What does 'Content-Length: 0' mean in a HTTP request ?

Any ideas how to make squid ignore this and cache properly for these
requests ? At present, I have had to put a bodge into
clientReadRequest to delete the HDR_CONTENT_LENGTH header.

thanks

Paul