[squid-users] Async/sync??

From: Henrik Larsson <lainen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 04:49:55 -0700

A couple of questions about synchron/asynchron mode in SQUID:

How much is performance affected if I run squid in synchron-mode instead of asynchron-mode? It feels like I should get better performance if I run asynchron-mode. Anyone with some experience of this issue? Are there any problems with running asynchron mode in SQUID2.3-stable4 under Linux/Intel? We have experienced the problem that the cache is growing unrestrainedly.

Does anyone have a clue of how many users that run squid in synchron/asyncron mode today?

Thanks.

/Henrik

Visit http://www.visto.com.
Find out how companies are linking mobile users to the
enterprise with Visto.