[squid-users] ASP Session Expires

From: Michael K Bender <benderm@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 08:21:44 -0400

Hello,

I am in the process of setting up a Squid server to replace an existing Netscape Proxy server. The only
problem is, we submit our timecards via Autotime, which uses ASP. When I log onto the autotime server by
going through the Netscape proxy, everything works fine. However, when I go through the squid proxy, I get a
session expired error and get dumped out.

Here is our network setup:

users -> squid/netscape -> firewall -> timecard server -> squid proxy -> firewall -> internet

The squid is set up to forward requests to the timecard directly (always_direct allow), and to forward outside
requests to the other server (default parent, never_direct allow all).

I've been working on this for a couple days now and am running into a wall. Does anybody have any experience
with setups like this? Or any ideas on how to configure squid.

Mike

--
# Mike Bender     Marlboro System Managers #