RE: [squid-users] Resolving internal hosts

From: <sean.upton@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 14:56:59 -0700

Also make sure that you set up Squid to spawn enough 'dnsserver' processes
to handle the lookups, keeping in mind that Squid caches lookups in the IP
cache (which, by the way, you never want to disable). In my case, I only
spawn 5 dnsserver instances because I have my Squid set up as an
accelerator, which only accesses a few boxes, which means thanks to IP
lookup caching in Squid, they are only used a few times at Squid startup
(well, only when the cache is cleared and Squid is restarted). If you run a
normal proxy, you would want more 'dnsserver' processes spawned...

Sean