[squid-users] WCCP

From: Abhilash. V.M. <vmabhi@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 08:03:55 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Squid geeks,
Last day I implemented a wccp setup in our server,
where we have 1 squid machine (Redhat linux 6.2) and
wccp module is loaded in it.

We have a Cisco 2621 router, which is the gateway to
the network. after configuring the squid for wccp and
after the same was configured in the linux server (we
followed the guidelines mentioned in the squid faq) we
observed that the cisco detects the cache server, and
it forwards the packets to the squid server without
any problem ( we tested it using #show ip wccp
command)

But we found that the access.log of squid shows some
junk stuff (it only shows some missed requests).
However, the size of the cache directory is increasing
gradually.

I am attaching the captured access.log.
Any of u who has some clue abt it are requested to
help me...!!

Thank u, much in advance.

Abhilash.V.M.
Cochin, India.