[squid-users] can this wok?

From: xuht <xuht@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2001 11:53:20 +0800

I use transparent proxy with squid,and i want to use parent proxy,too,as the following:

Client -----firewall(squid1)-----internet

                  squid2

firewall and squid1 are in the same box,and squid1 is a transparent proxy of the client.the box of firewall is the gateway both of client and squid2.

now i want to configure squid2 as the parent proxy of squid1,can this work?

I have learned from the configure guide that Parent caches should be located along the network paths towards the greater Internet,but why?

thanks in advance!