[squid-users] Trouble with transp proxy and always_direct clause

From: Lutz Maibach <klinge@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2001 11:04:48 +0200

Hi,

I'm using Squid 2.2 / Stable 5 with SuSE Linux 6.4. I configured transparent proxy a few weeks ago and everything seemed to work right except the access to our local server-adresses where I got an "access denied". After inserting a always_direct clause for the local addresses this worked too. Today I discovered that transp. proxying wasn't started when I rebooted the server the last time.

After rebooting the server again with the right (transp. proxy enabled) kernel everything seemed to work right again except....yes, except the local server-addresses. Cause I haven't changed anything in squid.conf since my first successfull test I don't know what to do to get a direct access to my local servers. Now I get a access denied no matter whether access_direct is activated or not. No error is shown when I reload the squid.conf

My entries are shown above:
acl myserver src 192.168.50.0/24
always_direct allow myserver

Does anybody know what I have done wrong?

Greetings

Lutz Maibach