Re: [squid-users] Trouble with transp proxy and always_direct clause

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2001 21:43:55 +0200

Are you sure you have understood the effect of putting always_direct in
squid.conf?

This directive will make Squid go direct to the requested source,
ignoring any cache peers you have. The traffic will however still be
intercepted by your TCP redirection rules. You cannot control what is
being intercepted by changing the Squid configuration as Squid has no
control over this. Interception is done by your TCP/IP configuration
and/or router.

Most likely, what you actually want is to exclude your local servers
from the TCP redirection rules, to cause your clients to go directly to
the local servers without being intercepted by Squid.

Regards
Henrik Nordström
Squid Hacker