Re: [squid-users] cachemgr.cgi

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2001 21:49:55 +0200

Xoff - XT-Concept wrote:

> Can someone tell me where to change the default manager name and password to
> access to the cachemgr.cgi. I didn't found anything about it and don't have
> the default value for that.

The manager name is normally only informal for logging purposes.

The password can be set using manager_password in squid.conf.

There is however an alternate approach in cachemgr access controls. Make
use of proxy_auth.

First define an ACL of authorized managers

acl managers proxy_auth joe csoula henrik

Then replace the default "http_access allow manager localhost" by

http_access allow manager localhost managers

For more information on how to configure proxy authentication, see the
FAQ.

Regards
Henrik Nordström
Squid Hacker