Re: [squid-users] ACL Doubt

From: Jan Rasmussen <jan@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2001 14:20:11 +0200

On Mon, Oct 01, 2001 at 03:51:06PM +0530, Senthil Kumar wrote:
> ...... Now for
> my actull question is there any way by which i can execute a certain ACL
> or ACLs at a given time? Can any one please throw some ideas
> please..........

Not quite sure how to go about the attachments restrictions but time is quite easy. You set up the dstdomain ACL with the respective domains. Then you setup a time ACL covering office hours. Then in your http_access deny you write both ACLs. An example :

acl onlyoffhours dstdomain .hotmail.com
acl officehours time MTWHF 09:00-18:00

http_access deny onlyoffhours officehours

what this does is that it the rule if *both* acls are true, that is if the destination domain is in the .hotmail.com group *and* if its Mon-Fri between 9 am and 6 pm.
If either of the two acls are false (another url or outside of office hours) the rule wont match and the next rule will be evaluated.

Remember that the above http_access deny has to be *above* the one where you grant general access (http_access allow ****).

Oh and remeber to restart squid for the changes to take effect (squid -k reconfigure).

Hope this helps

Jan Rasmussen