[squid-users] Odd Time Stamps

From: Timothy Peter Cockle <T.Cockle@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2001 15:45:12 +0100

I am not sure but this could be a simple one!

I am researching web caching for my Ph.D. and am using a veriaty of squid log files for part of my ananlysis.

However in one log I find a few strange time stamps.

The following are examples:

98977610.0.
99110.0.169
9910.0..926

When I print out the 'strange' time stamps they appear to be in blocks:

98981310.0.
98981510.0.
98990610.0.
98994910.0.
98994910.0.
98998810.0.
99010.0.088
99010.0.265
99010.0.919
99010.0.191
99010.0.028
99010.0.126

All bad timestamps do have valid time stamps in between.

One further point is that they all do seam to have '10.0.'

They are rare 0.004% of the entire log so I guess I'll discard them but I would like to know why they are there!

The logs where compressed with bz2 and download with FTP I am not sure if this has corrupted them. I am going
to look for further errors.

Thanks in advance,

Tim