Re: [squid-users] Always TCP_MISS

From: Mark Tinka <aknit44@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 00:19:17 -0700 (PDT)

how long has your cache server been running..?.. in my experience, it might take a while before you start serving hits.. based on the number of users that use your cache servers, and how often the same web sites are visited by all of them.... it took me about half a day to get over 300 users to start getting hits, because a hit will only come up once an entire URL has been cached, and someone else has accessed the same URL right down to the last detail... u may have to ask yourself how easy or possible that is.. otherwise, with time, you will see some hits..

good luck

AKNIT

--- <Irfan.Hasan@daimlerchrysler.com>
> wrote:
>I'm running Squid 2.4.STABLE2, when I check the access.log file
>It shows TCP_MISS with every entry even I go the same web site again.
>
>I never see TCP_HIT in access.log file
>
>Rest everything is working fine.
>
>I hope some can will help me.
>
>Rgds,
>
>Syed Irfanul Hasan

Be different Get yourself a Globenetcafe.net email ID
Uganda's Newest internet cafe www.globenetcafe.net