Re: [squid-users] ftp QUOTE commands?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2001 21:06:27 +0200

There is no way for Squid to even receive the informatin on what to send
in such "QUOTE" commands in the first place.

The client when talking to Squid it sends HTTP requests, not FTP
commands. This stems from the small fact that Squid is a HTTP proxy. The
fact that you can retreive/store FTP objects via Squid is from the
(AFAIK unofficial) standard that a HTTP client who uses a proxy offloads
all non-HTTP protocol details to the proxy, restricting itself to HTTP
while talking to the proxy.

Regards
Henrik Nordström
Squid Hacker