[squid-users] Please help with FTP caching via SOCKS

From: R. Alexander <rjalex2001@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 14:00:35 +0200

Hello to everybody ... another non English speaker Squid newbie ... get some
cool beer 8->

I have setup a Squid proxy within a firewalled intranet.

Policy is set up that HTTP has to go through a parent (non-ICP) proxy which
is the only to be allowed to pass through the fw.

FTP is allowed to take place either via the same proxy or directly through
the FW via a SOCKS4 server.

The latter is usually much faster.

I would therefore setup Squid to do HTTP via the parent and FTP caching
direct but with in a socksified command.

I ususally use the runsocks wrapper when I can (dante-client).

Any help ???

Thank you very much. Bob Alexander