[squid-users] how do I troubleshoot?

From: Whitley GS11 Cecil H <WhitleyCH@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 09:26:07 -0400

Hi,
I am having an issue with one website and i'm having trouble determining
exactly what the problem is.
site: http://www.citidirect-gcs.com
behavior: When login is attempted (traversal from http to ssl) the post
occurs and eventually status goes to "done at the original screen. This
does not always occur, i.e. sometimes it works fine other times it doesn't.
It appears to correlate with high traffic times, but don't take that for
gospel.

I feel it important to note that the two remaining m.s. proxies are not
exhibiting this behavior.

Steps taken so far: As indicated above, checked other proxies and without
proxy to see if issue remained. Unfortunately the problem only manifests
itself only when squid is between the client and the site, and not always
then. This testing was fairly extensive to try and eliminate the "murphy"
factor.
The m.s. boxes only have two parents (firewalls) and squid used a third in
addition to the original two. I modified this so that squid only uses the
two. (lightbulb!, m.s. only uses one, the second is a backup for
failover..... I'll match that on squid, i.e. only one parent and post
results)

There were no strange log entries and no errors logged for this site. Any
suggestions or thoughts of things to look at would be greatly appreciated!

Cecil