Re: [squid-users] Please help with FTP caching via SOCKS

From: R. Alexander <rjalex2001@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 18:10:02 +0200

Thank you very much Henrik. Mhhhh interesting.

But do you mean all of SQUID ? I definitely do not want all of my packets
originating from squid going to the SOCKS proxy.

I would like only the FTP to go that way while all of the HTTP traffic
should go, just as it's doing now, either directly to the Intranet servers
or to the parent HTTP proxy which goes outside on the Internet.

I read about an ftpget or similar process ... is this what squid uses for
the FTP protocol ?

Again thank you very much. Bob